View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 05:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dpac414

Honestly, sometimes I watch intervention to remind myself what it was like. The harsh reality of seeing these people go through hell and what it does to those around them is jarring but important for me to watch. I mainly seek out the alcoholism ones but the other eps are . They did do a whole series on the Heroin Triangle (a group of three cities and the suburbs in Georgia) and the way that addiction affects people at literally ALL levels (personal, environmental, etc) and it takes a whole community to intervene at those levels. It was really interesting to see how addiction happens, is perpetuated thru society, and the ways in which it can be fought. I highly recommend it.

However, I enjoy the show and can usually tell which people are going to stay clean after their treatment - I think it's a testament to being an alcoholic myself and the type of attitude/action it takes to stay sober.

Congrats on 3 weeks sober though!! No easy feat. Sorry for getting a little off topic there but that show really interests me.