View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Calmerwaters

Wendy I second all the other remarks. I think chasing sorting out the Rebekah issue now would be really bad timing. Yes, we want to undo past hurts, BUT it would add a layer of drama on top of your son issue right now - all the while trying to stay sober.

The issue you speak of would have to be handled at a time you are solid and even and can support Rebekah and she could rely on you. I don’t think that time is there yet. I honestly think it takes a long time in sobriety before our kids really can look to us to be stable and consistent.

I think we need to examine our reasons for wanting to “correct wrongs” and being honest about, it - to seriously examine is it our selfish need to allay our own guilt that’s motivating us? I know there are some wrongs I desperately want to apologise for and correct, but approaching that person now would be more upsetting to them, and it really is about me feeling better about something bad I’ve done.

There will be a time for telling her. But I believe the current moment and for months to come, is being single minded and laser focused on you and your recovery.