View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Butterfly1313 View Post
my babies are 8 aare14. They r my world. Hes also 10 years younger then me his parents are enablers so basically hes an addict who is a spoiled brat. As I write all these things it makes me see things a tad clearer. I always hate to let go of someone I care about I don't want them to move on from me. I feel like if they get sober ill have missed out and I tried so hard. Maybe its something I need to work on within me. I so appreciate you being here tonight. I didnt think anyone would answer
I understand that, the truth of this is though that you two really can't even be friends now, he's distanced.

Since your children are so young, any chance of this relationship going anywhere anytime soon is really nil. Have you ever asked yourself, do you want to be dating someone that can't be around your children?

His parents being enabling and spoiling him is just icing on this particular cake. That's not going to change either.

What does he add to your life right now? Happiness, a feeling of contentment? Anything? You can't even enjoy being around your two favourite people in the world with him.

It can be very hard to let go of someone, you don't have to stop caring, but you can care from afar. Right now he is going through, whatever he is going through and it doesn't involve you. He would probably like to have some kind of "normal" life with a nice person, but that's not in the cards for him right now and maybe he realizes it. Addicts leave their wives/husbands/children, babies for their drug of choice. It's a very selfish thing.

I really hope you won't put your life on hold, waiting for him to get sober. He may, he may not, but you don't even know the real sober person he is anyway (he probably doesn't either).