View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Butterfly1313

I cant function...please help

Hello,
unfortunately im pretty educated in the drug world even tho I have never really touched a drug in my life besides trying pot. I dated a guy for 6 years who was into anything and everything. From xanax to smoking meth. It was horrible. He would lie and steal and drain me of all I had. I stayed so long because he showed me such love when he wasn't being a jerk..this isn't why im here. I got rid of him. Took me forever to heal and I believe I still am and probably always will be. Fast forward. I met someone new. When I seen him I thought he was gorgeous. I needed to meet him. I did and he told me he was in recovery.. ugh..again for me? Really? So I figured recovery is better then actively using. Once we met we got along pretty good. Fast forward a month..he relapsed. His addiction is heroin. I didnt wanna give up on him but I know I cannot save him he needs to save himself. He has been actively using for the past 2 years of our relationship. Works hard to pay for drugs...I never ask for anything ever. He never ever asks me for money...totally different then my ex. But latley he has been distant and not wanting to see me like he used too. He says its not me hes in his own head. Idk why I cant grasp it. Whats changed? We've done the same routine for 2 years and I've loved him unconditionally...and we haven't seen each other in about a month but he says he wants too. Can drugs make u this way? Why was he ok for the 2 years and now being more distant? I feel like it's me? I'm sure its not but it def makes me feel less then. He basically has no emotion and its weird. Sorry im rambling I figured if I wrote it out it would make more sense to me but it does not. I know I cant be with him because I cant bring him into my childrens life unless he is sober. Im broken in so many ways yet I feel like im doing it to myself. Do I just let him go? Ignore him fully? He puts zero effort in. He uses and sleeps and works. Comes from a great family idk anymore. Just broken.