View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Haha courage, point taken I just also sometimes remember how I misused (excessively) SR in the past, and for a very long time... But I guess it's fine to use these things in any way as long as I stay sober, the problem is if I drink and especially if I lie about it.

I heard of Infinite Jest but haven't read it yet - thanks for the recommendation, just dowloaded a free copy. I definitely need things that are a bit more lighthearted and fun because I've been so preoccupied with everything recovery all week in many ways, sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. This book seems fun yet relevant.

I also just received a hard copy of a SMART Handbook that the facilitator of the meeting I attended on Tuesday sent me for free. I've already started using some of the SMART tools earlier this week and find them very helpful, it's easy/natural for me to use this stuff (because it's inherently introspective/analytical) and I find it interesting, engaging and often a good distraction when I am in the middle of a craving.