View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nez

it just seems like he should be more understanding
What he should be or do, doesn't matter as much as what you should be and do. Do you want to be sober and what are you doing about that?

Doing is an action verb. I like words that end in "ing" to describe my journey. "ing" is the present and future. Take "ing" out and you are left with the past.

I am being and living as a sober person for today. I am listening to other sober alcoholics. I am taking suggestions from other sober alcoholics. I am sharing my successes and my failures with other sober alcoholics. I am inventorying my actions and looking for ways I could improve and strengthen my sobriety. I am not allowing myself to become complacent. I am repeating actions that work and discarding those that don't. I am staying vigilant about my pursuit of sobriety and striving towards the best life I can, because I am worth it!

That is my plan for today and I am following it.

Towards that end, I am getting in the shower and going to a meeting with other alcoholics. After the meeting I will be spending time talking with another member and we will help each other by gut talking and laughing with each other about our lives and ouselves. When I get back home, I will be logging back into this site because that is an action that works for my sobriety.

Shower time, because I am staying vigilant.

On a somewhat side note: Not everything I do during a 24 hour day would seem to be recovery oriented...
Today I will also be spending quality time with my wife and my dog. I plan on cutting and gathering firewood to keep the house nice and warm. I will be listening to chamber music while I am cooking a chicken and okra gumbo for dinner. Later on I will be diving into course work on my computer coding and programming class...
but it all is!
Even riding my motorcycle, which will be my means of getting to the meeting.