View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by relena View Post
EndGame i'm not sleeping at all really, and when I do sleep i'm going to sleep after the sun has been up for a few hours already.

I'm really sorry to hear what you've been through. I've struggled with anxiety and depression since I was young. But this is the worst it's ever been in my life. I can't even play with my kid without breaking down into tears and retreating to my room. I don't know what i'd do without my parents. I can't help but feel so discouraged when I hear stories like yours. I wonder what am I doing this for. To be alive just to be miserable and make my daughter's life miserable in the process?

I hate my life.
Hey. I left the wrong impression about my struggles with depression. My father had been diagnosed with lung cancer and I had ended a long-term relationship at around the same time.

I saw a therapist and, after a year without significant improvement, I started with medication. Things changed very gradually and struggling with it did indeed bring me to a better place. I haven't had another episode since that, time twenty-six years later.

I used to treat people with major/clinical depression as well for several years. I'm familiar with the ordeal. Sometimes the act in itself, reaching out for help, can be transformative and can create a boost to keep us going.

I'm very hopeful for people with depression. I believe that working with a therapist can make a significant difference.

Life is difficult for you right now. You're suffering. It sounds like it's been going on for a while.

We're always in a hurry when attempting to shed our fear; some things work out better when we slow things down in our lives.