View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

Thanks for your comments on my wishing well. Definitely not perfect, but I did enjoy the challenge of trying to make angles line up and happy it looks OK. I'm going to go into production and make lots of little ones (out of pallets) for Christmas gifts this year, but making a couple of stools is next on my project list.

I drank at work nearly everyday. I got called on it and ended up losing a great job over it, and left two more before I had to explain. It is nice to start this job without any fear of losing it because of my drinking problem. I was at an evening meeting last week (ZOOM style) and one of the people present actively acknowledged that he'd had a few drinks and was keen to finish up on time so he could get back to it. My emotions started off as anger that he attended the meeting under the influence (and obvious too) to feeling really sad for him. It really reinforced to me that I don't ever want to drink and head back to that all-day drunk mode.

Take care all. Time for a coffee and then start pulling apart pallets and putting them through the thicknesser. The preparation of the timber is very time consuming, but I do like recycling timber and the natural look it provides, not to mention the zero monetary cost!