View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
dig12

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Things are fine on the sober front, Dee. My boredom levels are unbearable. Toronto will most likely go into a full lockdown again very soon. Restaurants and gyms are already shut. We are hitting record highs on an almost daily basis. I'm still baffled why our government sees restaurants and gyms as high risk places but schools are not. It defies logic.
I agree WL. At first, I was okay with schools opening and I felt strongly it was the right thing to do, but as the cases have climbed even here in the north we've observed the virus moving through school-to-school and getting ever closer to my own kids school. To me it's a matter of time and while I'm not an epidemiologist - it looks to me like schools would be one of the primary methods of enabling community-spread. From parenting experience, I joke often that kids having "trading cards" for germs and they actively trade them at school to make sure everyone has a chance to have each and every virus, cold, bacteria, etc.

Example:

"Hey Little Dig. Have you tried out the seasonal flu? No??? Here, I'll trade you my seasonal flu card for a common cold card? Fair?"