Old 11-08-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Dave9185

Personal update, still foggy, although I had a pretty clear evening yesterday, and today clear in the AM, foggy in the afternoon, had anxiety while driving this evening, and now fairly clear headed. Seems like when I leave the house to do something new or something I haven't done in a while, I get anxiety. Started taking milk thistle for the liver, and started drinking liver detox teas, and teas with lemon/ginger, watching my sugar intake as well.

I have Trazodone prescribed, I took it a couple of times in the first few months when I was going through panic attacks. I'm not sure if it did anything or just placebo effect. I also have never really taken any prescription drugs before, and I don't really want to. I mainly have it as a sleep aid, however only took it maybe 5 times in the past year, and it's not really good at aiding my sleep either. I also have Temazepam which I have had prescribed but never used, since it's a benzo, and I've read on here benzos are not good for alcoholics. I heard anti-anxiety or anti-depression drugs take weeks to start working. Maybe there are others that have a more immediate effect? I mean like something that you can take when you have an attack as opposed to something you take regularly? Talk to your doctor and take something that may help if your anxiety attacks are severe enough. Another thing is anxiety itself is not good for the body, or mind. If it can help you live better, that would be great, and when you get to a point that your emotions are under control, just get off of it. Also I would do research about interactions, what brain chemicals they relate to, since you're still in alcohol recovery, or better tell your doctor about it and s/he can recommend something?