View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 07:37 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
HopefulYear777

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
Good morning friends. This is the beginning of day 2 for me. Got 6 hrs of sleep that to my friend Ambien & Melatonin. I have to have 5 to 6 hrs of sleep r I am a veg. This is about my 3rd time to get sober this year. I drink everyday. Anywhere from 10 beers to 6 beers
& a bottle of wine then passing out. I have been gaining weight daily, seriously, about 2 lbs a day. My BP is out of control. I know that I am on a self destruct course. I decided that I want to be sober. That is the greatest gift that I could give to myself this holiday season. I have name the month of November, No-no November. No alcohol. Looking forward to chatting with all of you. Stay sober.
Travelbug- I don't mean to jump in from another group (I'm from May) but I was reading here and wanted to share something with you. I also have high blood pressure. I actually ended up in the hospital for it about two years ago. What I didn't know at the time and just discovered this year is that melatonin can increase BP in people that have high BP. I was taking lots of it and drinking lots when my BP was undiagnosed and sent me to the ER. But also, again this year when I wasn't drinking, I started taking it again and my BP went up. I called my pharmacist because I wasn't sure what was going on and found out that it can be the culprit. Just wanted to share what happened with me and wish you well on your sober journey. I've also found that drinking does absolutely nothing good and everything bad for my BP. Good luck to you.
Hope