View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Undies

It is very quiet on this thread again. I'm assuming there is some hibernation starting to take place .

I've now finished my first week in my new job. It's been a tiring week in trying to absorb a lot of information - three of the days have been spent with the previous coordinator for a handover and the rest of the time has been in meetings, organising meetings and learning the basic administration and IT systems. The highlight was an online meeting run by local government with about 20 people from the environment sector in attendance from all sorts of university, government and not-for-profit organisations in attendance. It was so nice seeing familiar faces from a long time ago, and for those people to be so welcoming and genuinely pleased (at least I am hoping I read that correctly) to have me at the table. I got a warm and fuzzy feeling of belonging. The converse was that some of the people there have excelled to great career heights and now are directors and managers with big pay checks, and I have moved in the opposite direction of stepping down to a much lower level and pay. It's going to be interesting to work out how I can best operate in this scenario. I'm not at all envious, but I also feel a bit like a failure, or think that they might see it that way.

Anyway, I feel better putting my thoughts in writing. I really need to stop worrying about absolutely everything and mostly what people think about me.

Have a great weekend everyone and take care of yourselves. Keep away from the big cats, bears and boars!