Old 10-28-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Dave9185

About withdrawal, I took 3 months off at the beginning of the year, and then during the first 3 weeks of the shutdown I was going through 250-500ml of liquor and 5-6 pints of beer daily. My usual bingeing before this would be Fri, Saturday; Sunday would be an unwind day, so maybe under ten 12 ouncers of beer. I would also have probably a six pack on Monday just to relieve the hell I was feeling from the weekend. Tues, Wed, Thur I was sober. Towards the end of it however, I noticed the hangovers kept lasting probably until Thursdays. This is why I took 3 months off at the beginning of the year. I was also having trouble sleeping and high blood pressure. After my 3 week binge, I noticed something was off, I wasn't feeling good. At this time I started feeling off, foggy, high anxiety. I stopped drinking for a couple of weeks. I felt better, and had a drunk weekend ~3 weeks later, on Sunday I started getting the high anxiety and fogginess again. I didn't drink for 3 weeks, went out, had only 1 shot, felt alright, had 4 beers at home, and the next day I felt alright. The following weekend, I was feeling alright, and went out and had a drunk weekend again (Fri, Sat). This time, it wasn't a two week period of recovery. It's been about 3 months now, and I am slowly getting back to normal. I've kindled, and the withdrawals pretty much set in on that Sunday, after my drunk Fri and Sat. So basically I don't think I can drink anymore without experiencing severe and prolonged withdrawal symptoms, which seem to come on or blend into acute withdrawal. 2 months ago, I was having anxiety just taking a trip to the DMV. Today I went to vote, and it wasn't so bad. So I'm making progress.

I might of skipped over a few drunk weekends in my time line, my last drink was June 27th. However in July I was taking motherwort, which has ethanol in it, 3 tablespoons per day. So I'm either 3 or 4 months sober depending on if we count the motherwort, I honestly think it slowed down my recovery, so that's why I only consider myself 3 months sober. Either way I can't go back to drinking, the withdrawal is horrible for me now. Plus I have a mildly fatty and mildly enlarged liver to take care of. The fogginess is much better this week than last.