View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BornSurvivor

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
Thanks for reply Dee. It's obvs not but I get some time then think I'm ok don't need to put all the effort to stay sober just don't drink. I get pulled into commitments exercise then get isolated feel shy in communicating then wham happens again. Feel like I'm still at we're I was 8 years ago including the ex the drink bla bla. Depressing this is not who I want to be
Hello eve123,

Well I think you answered your own question. You get some sober time, get cocky and stop doing what helped you stay sober and relapse. I've made that mistake countless times as well.

Also, as far as taking advice and explaining the problem of addiction to someone. Personally, I try to make sure I do that only to fellow addicts and alcoholics. Others, they won't get it and never will.

If I were you I'd make a list of things I need to do daily to stay sober - go to AA meeting, post on SR, watch a short YouTube video on staying sober etc... I'd make sure I do whatever these things are every single day for a long time. I think if you will do that it'll help you stay sober tremendously.

Whatever you do, don't give up, keep fighting. Yes it is a tough battle but the reward is so worth it!