Thread: Here I am again
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trailmix

Yes, absolutely Codependent no more is a great book to start with. Also, as suggested, Al-Anon. It can be a bit intimidating at first, you think, I'm going to talk to a bunch of strangers about my life?? Well no, you don't have to, initially it's probably a good idea to just listen (if that makes you more comfortable). The also have online meetings if you aren't comfortable going in person or the in person meetings aren't available right now: https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings...onic-meetings/

Small steps, as mentioned, with isolation and the destructive relationship your self esteem takes a beating. Having a plan means standing on firmer footing. Even if you don't plan to use it right now or a year from now, knowledge about it is power for you. You can feel more confident knowing you are not trapped. Instead of being at home alone wondering how on earth did I get here and how do I "fix" this, you will know you have options.

I hope you will keep posting, you really do need people who understand to talk to.