Thread: Here I am again
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Me----I agree with the recommendation to read "Co-dependent No More" for starters. It is the most recommended book on this forum and is an easy book to read. I think that you will find a lot of it will resonate with you.
I am giving you the following link to a website that I think will be of help to you in finding out your rights and help you to organize some of your thoughts about your financial rights and standing.
It is educational jn nature, but can help you to know the right questions to ask when you talk to a lawyer.

I believe that the First step in making a plan is to do "information gathering". The more information that you have, the more confident you will begin to feel. Knowledge is power.
You will begin to feel more in control of your life and your self and less confused.

The isolation that you find yourself in is one of your biggest obstacles---challenges---and very eroding to your self confidence and self esteem.
I think it is essential that you have--or, find---at least, one person that you can freely talk to about your situation. This is where you will have to be willing to take a "baby step"----to reach out. You will find out, that. if you have the wiliness to just reach out---how willing others will be to receive you and to help you.
Even if you say that you no longer have a friend left----I say to "Reach out to friendly strangers".
The most obvious place to start is Alanon. In Alanon, you will find that you will be among those who understand what you are going through more than just mere words. They have walked in your same shoes. You will be welcomed by sincere opened arms.
You might, also, find a counselor or therapist for yourself. That would be one person who has your back and that you can safely open up to.\
This is just t oo difficult to go through alone---and, I don't think you should expect yourself to have to.

Here is that link that I spoke of

www.womansdivorce.com