Old 10-20-2020, 03:05 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
drycucumber77

Hi Dave,

So basically eleven months ago when all this started I got told my body was in crisis mode. I had an enlarged liver as well and a stage 2 fatty liver. I remember the first month after stopping vividly, I was scared that my liver had been wrecked for life. Little did I know at the time that the liver would heal and that paws was round the corner. The liver is the only organ in the body that can completely repair itself. About two months later my liver enzymes were much better and about two months after that my liver was luckily perfect with no fat. So the problem I had caused from alcohol was completely better...or so I thought. Throughout these four months it did not really matter what I ate, I still lost weight. This to me proved just how many calories turn in to fat in the liver.

I bit the bullet and played squash last night and felt an incredible high and pretty good afterwards. That's nearly 11 months from quitting booze...so like I said previously it seems you are progressing more quickly than me. Today however I am shaky and have a cracking headache due to emotional distress between the mother of my child and mother. I realize that many of the really stressful moments in my life that I could not handle were just numbed very effectively by abusing alcohol.
I can't wait to one day feel normal again. Not momentarily normal. Just normal...normally. And that will happen for you too. Someone on here said 'you walk 500 miles in to the woods, and you have to walk 500 back out.' I think that is fairly accurate.