View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 05:40 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi everyone,

I wanted to check in to say hi. A good friend of mine’s husband has been on again-off again with his sobriety. After his most recent incoherent posting on social media, I simply sent her a link to the schedule for Alanon meetings. She said she was going to go tonight. Looking forward to finding out if she did.
Misery might have brought me to recovery, but what I discover here keeps me coming back.

I was reading about how being sober without recovery must be impacting her husband. Those early days are so painful. He said, why should I change? The only one who’s different is me. You and the girls (daughters) are still a bunch of b——-s. Rude sentiment aside, something really struck me about how hard the early days are.

FBL - Glad to see your hobbies are thriving!

Work is busy. Kids are busy. Etc. My work is still remote and I’m thankful for that. One of my new hires has Covid. If we were in the office we’d be closer than 6 ft while I provided assistance. Doing so virtually works for me.

SG - How do you feel being on the front lines?

Courage - Are you still the lone faculty member in your office building?

Aly - Glad to year you’re being vigilant with mask wearing. I think we have to be vigilant; although people are loosening up now is not the time to relax. People can call it the new normal all they want. It doesn’t feel normal to me yet. From time to time I’ve forgotten my mask and dug around in the car til I’ve found one.

My kids are still going to school two days / learning remotely two days. Their schedule is 2 half-days, Wednesdays off, 2 half days. Not bad!! There have been a few covid cases in the schools - 3 teachers and 5 students in the district.Two of my son’s hockey teammates were exposed to classmates who tested positive. They are isolating. Otherwise practices and games are still happening for everyone else.

Carlos - How is the new job? How’s NE? I miss you!!!!

Free - Thanks for sharing your travel adventures!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!