Thread: Noob on Day 1
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Autonoetic

Noob on Day 1

Hello everyone, today is day 1 for me. I’ve been at it for about 20 years (41 now). I drank to intoxication and beyond everyday from about 2011 through March of this year with one attempt at sobriety that lasted five months back in 2018. In March we locked down and I tried to use the disruption in routine to go sober, and have managed some one or two week dry stints here and there up to now, but I didn’t do anything different spiritually or recovery wise and I have just always gone back to sneaking vodka everywhere and getting wasted and then spending days drinking off the anxiety and withdrawal. I am ready to give up and do SOMETHING to really finally stop this forever.

I am thinking about trying an online meeting but I’ve never done one before (done in-person meetings but never actually stuck around for more than one or two meetings or gotten numbers or anything). Not sure if it will help Doing it online but doing Nothing and going it by myself hasn’t worked so I’m willing to try it and also post on here.

Got a busy day today and feel like o have gauze inside my head. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks