View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Robbie64

Congratulations on 4 days franklin. You're well on your way to your first full week of sobriety.

Weekends used to be my downfall. I'd long associated them with drinking as I usually drank every weekend without fail. I found that what helped was planning in advance and having a new set of activities lined up. On paper they may not have been as exciting as meeting up with friends and having some drinks but they also didn't lead to me drinking until I was ill and then spending days afterwards living with a hangover, feeling ill, feeling remorseful and being skint (i.e. having no money left).

As Dee posted, we have a Weekenders thread which is great to post in and is also a great way of getting some feedback and ideas on what to do on a weekend. If you can plan out your weekend so you're not left thinking "what do I do next" you might find it a lot easier than you think to get through the weekend. Then when you do, you'll be on day 7 and will then have a full week of sobriety under your belt.