View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by treeguy24 View Post
I can’t do anything right.
That is not true because you are on here and reaching out for help which is definitely the right thing to do.

Can you call someone you know from the recovery program for opiate addiction to come over and help you to walk this period or call the AA hotline?

Also don't pick up another drink, pick up the keyboard and talk to us. I have been where you are at the moment and while I don't know much, I know what it is like and I want to help anyone who is feeling the way you are. Although if at all possible, I would recommend in person help if you are as desperate as I was.

I had people (who weren't even addicts or alcoholics, just caring people) that came over and sat with me for few days to help protect me from myself because my addiction was running rampant and I needed help not to drink which I wasn't going to be able to do if left alone. I needed in person help.

You are not horrible nor worthless. You are just hurting. You are a human being and we all hurt and need help at times.

Keep reaching out to the hands that are reaching back to pull you into the lifeboat. There is safety and help in numbers.