Thread: 59 days today!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rsanchez920

Thanks for the words

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
That sounds really stressful. One thing though, is that it is all kicking around in your own head. You're living a lot in the future and that is what creates stress and anxiety. You might just tell yourself to give yourself a break and put the surgery off until later. Have faith that you will save your money and be ready for the surgery later. When we are addicts, we are so used to not being able to follow through on things at a future date. When we're sober, we can follow through. We can make plans. We can succeed.

The flip side is, you might proceed with the surgery, and if you decide to do that, that is fine too. Make your best decision and live with it. Living with the what-ifs of the future is what harms us.

If it were me, I would say a prayer at bedtime asking God to help give you the strength to persevere no matter what decision you make.
you make some good points. I am not living in the chaotic addict environment that I was when I was using so it is true that I may be able to plan better and wait it out... But at the same time whatever I do I need to just make peace with it now and give up that control... The worry won't help