View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Glad to hear that you are doing so much better on many fronts, Jeff. I had a milder version of a water retention / heart rate / BP episode you described in the OP during my own relapse in 2016 - scary indeed. I never saw a doctor about it so never found out what was causing it. Also have a tendency for eye redness, back into my childhood. Of course drinking made that much worse (in different ways) but mine was also traced to what the eye doc diagnosed as "tear film insufficiency". He also said perhaps I made the predisposition worse for myself when I was using Visine daily, for years, to combat the constant bloodshot eyes caused by drinking. I never made the connection to Visine, but it makes sense with the compound that constricts blood vessels - apparently we can get used to it and it makes the problem worse long-term. I stopped using that completely, now I only apply simple saline-based artificial tears occasionally when I feel my eyes are dry or they are visibly red. I get that even more from staring at computer screens typically >6 hours a day at least (that's what I do for work). My eye dryness is kinda mild so no need for prescription meds, but not a good mix with alcohol for sure.

Keep up the good work