View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
treeguy24

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi treeguy
I’m sorry you feel you’re not getting support.

Man, when I was drinking I had very little self esteem. I was constantly putting myself down.

At the same time tho I was comparing myself to others and feeling like they got all the breaks, all the love and all the focus and that made me mad and resentful, as well as reinforcing my lack of self esteem.

Things like that drove me away from seeking support, it isolated me - and left me vulnerable to thoughts of drinking or toking again - cos what’s the point, people don’t want to help me anyway, and so I might as well give up and drink/use...

Do you think, in all honesty, there might be some of that lack of self esteem going on here, even just a little?

You wouldn’t be the first person or the last.

I hope you stay here, I hope you keep posting and stay connected and I hope you stay sober. 5 days is a good start

I also hope,if after mulling this over, you really feel you’re not getting what you want, you’ll tell us what good support would look like to you. Give us a chance to help

D
Well I blew the 5 days and am back on day zero again so...

still, this week was a win. Only 2 days of drinking/ using which is definitely progress for me!

Now I will aim to get 5-6 days sober after getting four days under my belt before relapsing.