Old 10-03-2020, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
msl999

AVRT was the only thing that worked for me. I spent years trying to quit using other methods. The best I could do was couple of months. It didn’t matter how many steps I studied or how many times I played the tape forward. Eventually, I would weaken, push the f-it button and drink.

I had seen AVRT on this site before, and I (actually my AV) dismissed it. It seemed too easy, there were no meetings, the website looked goofy, they were just trying to make money - I had tons of excuses not to try permanent abstinence.

After the umpteenth time of going to work on Monday hungover, I thought “what the heck” let’s give this Rational Recovery thing a try. I read all the AVRT threads and bought the book.

It worked!!! Here I am over 3 years later, happy, alcohol free and no fear of ever drinking again. AVRT saved my life and I have this website to thank for guiding me to the solution...to no solution.

If you are curious about AVRT, but are afraid you don’t know where to start, try reading the AVRT threads on this site & buy the book. That’s all I did. I didn’t even join this site until I had almost 2 years. I did it by reading the threads & the book. There is a lot of wisdom in the threads, and the book is awesome. Please give it a shot...it just might change your life.