Thread: I need support
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
faith823

I need support

Hi,
I am back, I had 5 months sober and have been having a heck of a train wreck, shame ridden, sick beyond any human should experience 7 months.
Today is day 5. I have a blind date tonight with a person who is just so sweet and been speaking too for 2 months. Thought just a couple of drinks to ease the uncomfortableness.
Went on facebook and first message I read was from a person that has really struggling announce 15 months of sobriety. The think is nobody ever posts I have a year or 15 month or 23 month
etc...it stinks....Its always an uplifting positive grateful post. Full of gratitude for life and sobriety. I am emotional but I had that glimmer of hope. This person I am meeting tonight
knows my situation. Has been Sober for 12 years. I could really use a new friend. Since the ex is so distant and is just very blunt with me most times. IDK I am all over the place sorry.
The reason for my post is because I miss all of you guys and I want to be a part of this community again. I want to be clear headed, sober and healthy.
xoxo Faith