Old 09-29-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

A lot of meetings are online yeah - that actually makes it a little easier according to folks here who do them -but some areas are opening up to face to face meetings again too - depends where you are.

I don;t know about fully committed to recovery you must have quit drinking for a reason.

Drinking again to feel good suggests to me you either forgot those reasons or thought/hoped they didn't apply anymore? or maybe you jut reached the end of your tether.

I did that too - the real turning point for me was finally accepting, for better or worse, I had a horrible relationship with alcohol and always would. (the same went for my other drug of choice too)

The first drink was always my mistake, not the last.

If you don't know any other way to feel good, or any other ways of dealing with feeling bad, I think that should be a priority.

If exercise works for you but you can't get to the gym why not improvise with things you do have access to around the house?
My dad lifts sacks as weights, he skips, he runs around the block....my mum bought a treadmill and a stationary bike.

There's ways to get around things.

D