Thread: Day 50 for me!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
stickyone

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
Just wanted to pop in for my periodical check in... time has been flying! today will make 50 days alcohol and drug free!

it's still going pretty well and like I mentioned before... this time I am not white-knuckling it at all I am super excited that alcohol and drugs are not in my life and I don't miss it or long for it and I don't think that my life is lacking because of it neither am I thinking in the back of my head when might I be able to start again and moderate it like I was last time...that won't be an option for me... last weekend the weather was so nice I had a fleeting thought about drinking but I was able to tell myself the truth about what that was going to be like.

I attribute my change in mind state to the "this naked mind" book and "sober curious" podcast and the "inner child workbook" I also got off of all social media and do a bath and meditation every night as my ritual. It has helped so much!

All is not perfect I'm still dealing with food addiction, anger and anxiety but am conscious of it and working on those things... Hope everyone is well!!
Congrats on day 50. Yes meditation, exercise and reading has help me also alot with my sobriety.