Thread: 100 Days
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DriGuy

If you can do 100, you can stay sober for as long as you want. My first thought is you have done the hard part, but then I catch myself. You have broken the vicious circle of physical addiction, but you now have to deal with mental addiction. This is no small thing. Here is where you must learn to recognize the mind games, fantasies, and denial of who you are (an alcoholic). The first hundred days you focused on bulling your way through the cravings. It's no small feat, but now you must process information accurately and develop self understanding and commitment, and this is not easy for most of us.

I have found that never drinking again in a world full of drinkers not to be a problem. Don't stay attached to the status quo. The status quo is just what people do and think as a group. It has nothing to do with what is best for the individual. Be a rebel and don't drink, and learn to be proud of yourself for it. Even some full time drunks will admire you for that. I can't remember anyone ever belittling me for being sober and not taking a drunk. I'm sure it happens, but I haven't experienced it personally.