View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 10:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Icemelon View Post
But now its all started again. He said it was over when I confronted him about the drugs and how upset I was he would rather see friends than me. Then in the next breath he said he loved me but I need to sort my head out.
Well you can sort your head out or not as you see fit, should a crack addict be dictating what you should or shouldn't do?

He has no hold over you, you are free to do as you choose.

Keep in mind that he doesn't have a problem with his drug taking, you do. Therefore he doesn't see your thinking as "right" he sees that you would like to change him and he is not interested in that.

That really has nothing to do with you, personally, even him standing you up is not personal, he wants to be with his drugging friends (which is his right).

Perhaps just realize he is not the guy for you. He may have some good qualities but the drugs are his focus and that will exclude everyone else in his life, you, family, anyone who is not interested in drugs really. He is an addict, of course he would rather be with his friends doing crack.

It will hurt for a while but you will get through it, it takes time to heal from these things (perhaps months), this is why it's so important that in the interim you focus on yourself and take good care of yourself, to alleviate some of that hurt. Try to eat well, sleep when you can, visit friends and/or family, take a mini holiday (even a local nice hotel) binge watch a series, whatever gives your mind a rest and lifts your spirits for a while.