View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 09:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Yeah I feel like it's holding me back definitely. I only picked up marijuana 4 years ago when I first started to realise I had a problem with drink, I started using it so I could lessen my alcohol intake and cravings... In turn ended up with another addiction.

My problem with weed is I love it, I love what it does for me and it doesn't really impact my life in a negative way... Until recently with wondering if its sending my av crazy. No point lying about how I feel about it, but I wonder how I can move forward from that to quit it too? I'm not saying that as an advocate for it, just trying to explain how I feel about it.
i totally understand. Ive even had thoughts that I wished weed worked for me. I never liked the high that much (felt more stupid than high) and I think it made me relapse but I won’t speak for everyone else. You’re almost 3 years sober so maybe it’s not the issue, maybe it is. Only you can make that decision, I know it’s frowned upon here and there’s even a forum here to help quit it. I’ve had to find all kinds of other things to learn to relax, Epsom salt baths, exercising in the heat, fasting for long periods, etc. I find myself looking to alter my mental state, it just is who I am, so I’m not going to say what others should do but there is nothing wrong with self examination.