View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by hummingbird358 View Post
He called drunk and is blaming us for being babysat by his grandparents when he was little and how he had to lay on their couch all day long until we were done working....
He says he has nothing to live for and wants to die.
His ex girlfriend called for a well check on him.. The cop came and talked to him and told him things will get better. Then he calls us again telling us this and that he wants to die and it is all over again.
He is to be on a plane to fly back here tomorrow. When I asked if he packed he said he has no clue how he will get on the plane. He literally is not even mentally there.
I called the crisis line to ask what my options are... The state he is in won't commit him all they do is send a cop to check on them. When I called last year for a well check they went and then called me telling me he was just drunk... It was like I inconvenienced them by calling.
Your son certainly knows just what buttons to push to get to you, and to get you to do what he wants. Did he want anything from you other than to tell you he was ruined by being cared for by his grandparents? (Total manipulative BS, by the way) Did he actually ask for anything or did he just want someone to listen to his inebriated ramblings? Never pleasant, that.

The police and ambulance can’t, unfortunately, do anything if the person is conscious and refusing to be helped. It’s your son’s right to turn people away. I know how heartbreaking this is, and I’m sorry you are enduring it.

I hope he reaches out for real help, soon!