Thread: Rehab WTF
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by batchel9 View Post
... I understand recovery to be fully comprehending your drinking and the impact it has had, as well as processing those feelings and working to repair relationships. So to walk out and act like nothing happened to me??? Maybe he is apologizing to his parents or his gf or friends but he still seems very much in denial about me and our 13 year marriage and kids and constant court drama.

Am I missing something???!!!
Hi and yes. I believe you're missing a lot. Maybe that's because your resentment is blinding right now...

Just because YOU'RE aware of all of these things doesn't mean he is or that's he's supposed to be on your timeline. It'll come to him when it comes to him. And maybe it already has, but you can't walk around with a boulder on your shoulder because he isn't saying and acting like you THINK HE SHOULD BE. That's not cool or fair. Life's not fair. He treated you unfairly. What can you do? Nothing. Get on with your life and treat yourself the way you'd like to be treated. Treat others the way you'd like to be treated and accept that the rest is out of your hands. You can't control other people. No one can.

You don't have to walk around feeling bitter. Doing that only makes you unhappy. I know how hard it is to give up the idea of trying to change another person to fit my image of him/her. Being angry at someone for not being what you want them to be is futile. All those words and feeling you wrote that you think he should have said and felt - those came from YOU. Not him.