Thread: Rehab WTF
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
batchel9

Rehab WTF

So my XAH pretty much was court ordered during a child custody hearing (the court did not make him do this, his attorney pretty much made him agree) to go to inpatient rehab. So he gets into a place with GREAT reviews and seems pretty legit almost right away. Leaving me resentful because it’s like- why didn’t you do this a decade ago hmmm??? So while he is in rehab I have the kids almost exclusively but let the kids go with his parents a few times. He barely calls or writes the kids while there which I thought was off. Part of it is trying to heal relationships I understand and you don’t even go the extra mile to connect with your kids??? The few times I did hear him talking it seemed to always include comments about when he thought he would be out, like it was jail or something.

Anyways, fast forward almost 6 weeks and he is out. I only learn that he is out because of a paper he needed signed that he emailed me about (he didn’t have email in rehab.... so I inquired further and yes he is out). He is literally acting like it never happened to me. I’m sitting back in shock a bit. Like dead sober he still appears to have no concept of the pain and suffering he has caused my kids and I. No apology. Or even an appreciation enough of “hey thanks for taking care of the kids and making an effort to let them spend time with my family while I was away”. Nothing!!!

i feel like this is all of the red flags. I understand recovery to be fully comprehending your drinking and the impact it has had, as well as processing those feelings and working to repair relationships. So to walk out and act like nothing happened to me??? Maybe he is apologizing to his parents or his gf or friends but he still seems very much in denial about me and our 13 year marriage and kids and constant court drama.

Am I missing something???!!!