Old 08-19-2020, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Bouncing into the Weekend Sober 21-24 August Weekenders

Bouncing into the weekend Sober.

My many attempts at getting sober always left me going back to drinking, promising myself this will be the last time, for the umpteen this time. I was stuck in the ‘revolving door’ making the same mistakes over.

With the best will in the world I realised for me, I couldn’t do it alone and have a good life in recovery.

I read this passage on SR which makes some sense of how I was doing things.

Beware of the Revolving Door
Relapse does happen, and it can happen over and over and over again. You don’t have to live in fear of it, but you do need to understand that something about your recovery program was out of balance. If you go back to exactly what you were doing, it won’t take long to fall back into the same pattern that contributed to your relapse.

I relapsed compulsively for years—went in and out of rehab, ruined most of my relationships and put my body through hell—but I never changed enough to maintain my sobriety. Now, I know that I wasn’t fully committed. I got caught in the revolving door, costing me everything’.

Fortunately I found SR and learnt about recovery, learnt how to live sober. There is life after alcohol.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!)