Old 08-17-2020, 11:50 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Libby06

Vino! I do so wish that I had quit smoking at 32. Congratulations on your decision. The benefits are tremendous.

Oh dear Coz! Wanting to smoke as soon as you wake up isn't good at all. That makes for a very long day. I hope that you made it through. That smelly, overpriced thing is not going to do anything for you. Smoking is a great big lie! I struggled hard the first few weeks, and the weekends were brutal. Sometimes I would put a nicotine patch on for a few hours just to get past the craving. Anything to not inhale the hundreds of toxic chemicals that are not nicotine. 2 weeks is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! Just keep reminding yourself of why you are doing this, and KNOW it gets easier!

Nice job on quitting smoking and drinking at the same time CK. I understand quitting for medical reasons. I had a brain aneurysm repaired and they sent me home telling me to never smoke again. I smoked on the ride home, and two years more with the exception of 30 days shortly after my surgery. It was hard to get those 30 days back! Please dont give your time back new quitters! You can do this.