Thread: My AA Meeting
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

I get into those real life murder cases on TV. Its not that I'm into murder, I'm into facts and logic and problem solving.

Quite a bit before I ever dreamed of giving up alcohol i saw a case involving AA. Someone broke into a home in the middle of the night. Took a kitchen knife and viciously slaughtered an elderly couple in their bed. This was before the days when security cameras were all over peoples homes and businesses. No known prints, no dna, anyone with possible motive cleared. It was pretty much unsolvable and went cold.

Several years later a guy spoke in AA meeting. i think by then he several years sober. He talked about getting blackout drunk and going to his childhood home in the middle of the night and murdering people. Maybe deep rooted anger toward parents or something. Somebody put 2 and 2 together and ratted him out.

I am not one of those defend the criminals types, not at all! However, if told in that in a meeting I think my purpose is to support my fellow alcoholics. I don't even know how you deal with something that. I feel for that guy. I'm a friendly guy when I drink. I never killed anyone but wow, could I go off the rails sometimes. I would not suggest sharing this type of thing in a meeting.

In the case of the OP, its hard to form an opinion without seeing the context of the share. The exactly how the share was delivered and exactly what was said. From the way he is describing it could just be some tool.