Thread: My AA Meeting
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
snitch

You say making others uncomfortable? Were there others there who felt uncomfortable? Was it discussed? Or when you say others did you mean others in the general sense and were referring to yourself?

Personally if I heard that in an AA meeting I wouldnt be uncomfortable. However there are some things that are shared that are probably best shared to a sponsor rather than a meeting as a whole.

When we put down tbe drink we are left with a full range of emotions. In my opinion it is good to share these things and get out exactly how we are feeling. After all he was sober and not drinking. You didn't say he threatened anyone at the meeting? The way you described it he was just expressing his feelings. And the truth is some people DO kill when they have been drinking.

I don't know how far you are in tbe steps but perhaps you could do inventory around why this person sharing made you feel so uncomfortable. Share with your sponsor. You could also take it up with the meetings secretary if you feel it was inappropriate