View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Misssy2

I do have a medical background and worked in the medical industry for over 25 years.....and because I know that every drug/supplement affects everyone differently...I will say this:

For myself, I have found Supplements to be "under rated" and have taken some over the past couple years that have really helped me with symptoms such as...anxiety, depression, healing the damage I have done to my body.

We all know that "supplements" are not scrutinized by the FDA, that in itself is a "safety" concern.

But, do we all know that "Natures Made" Supplements contain the seal of the USP approval for dietary Supplements?

I personally only will buy a brand of supplement that has a USP stamp on it...

USP approval means you can be assured of purity, potency, stability and disintegration (dissolving). USP stamp ensures that the product contains the ingredients listed on the label and that it has been made according to FDA Good Manufacturing Practices.

Not all Supplements are made according to FDA Good Manufacturing practices and I have seen on the FDA website (they do spot checks on companies producing supplements/vitamins and I have seen where the FDA has issued warnings to some companies for false advertising...example: they can't prove unless they have clinical trials that something helps anxiety so they shouldn't be labeling it as such)...

I am assured that Supplements and vitamins with USP stamp at least shows an effort to audit and measure the safety of a product and for them to put their seal of approval on a product is very reassuring to me.

I also personally never take a drug or supplement for a very long time....in my opinion they are there to get me thru times of when I am "short" on something (after reviewing my annual bloodwork)....Currently taking Iron supplements suggested by my Dr. because my bloodwork showed anemia a couple weeks ago...but this is the last week I will take it.....

Hope this helps anyone taking supplements to make sure you are taking "safe" ones.