Coz

Originally Posted by beerbrain View Post
Post withdraw symptoms.
Brain fog and severe Confusion.
Difficultly Concentrating.
Anxiety.
Zero motivation.

Worst of the symptoms:
Sharp heart palpitations (almost painful)
Heart rate doesnt raise but just pumps hard.
Even if i just walk up the stairs my heart starts to pound than i get palpitations from that.

I also have this feeling that im about to have a seizure And have to lay down. This is by far the worst and i almost have it on a daily basis.
Hi bb

Great that you are here on SR and are reaching out.

Your list of worst of the symptoms is a red flag that you do need to go see your GP. The reasons need to be worked out and addressed - that will also go a long way to relieving some of your anxiety.

And a basic question - are you still smoking? If yes, at the same level?

I've been sober for three months now and can tell you that I suffer from brain fog, confusion (although mild not severe), huge difficulty concentrating and often struggle with zero motivation. When will these symptoms disappear? I have no idea, but I'm sure they will as my poor, damaged body repairs itself. They are still better symptoms than I had when I was drinking and far less likely to kill me so I am just finding ways to minimise their impact on my life at the moment.

Congrats on your 4 months sober. Look after yourself so that you can get to reap the real rewards of your new lifestyle! And, go see your doctor in relation to your severe symptoms - sometimes cyber-advice just doesn't cut the mustard!