View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Scott2295

Hi All - Just checking in. We had a wedding this weekend so we were away from home a few days. I told the kids this was their summer vacation. It was nice not drinking at the wedding. Still didn’t sleep real good though. I never do in hotel rooms so I was dead tired last night. I had some insight to my drinking this weekend. When I quit last February and lasted 4 months I also started really watching my diet and eating right as well as getting back to the exercising routine. I lost 25 pounds over the 4 months. Late June I had reached my first weight goal and added back calories to take a break from losing weight. I was so focused on my calorie count before that drinking could not be part of the game since I didn’t want the calories. When I took that break my AV told me that I could take that drink now. I did and had the 2 week relapse. I’ve done well since and last week I started to restrict calories again to make my next weight goal and it took away any desire to drink since I am focused again on my calorie count. I didn’t realize before how much of a difference that made. This gives me another tool to fight the addiction and I know that I do have the discipline to do it.