Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

This site has rules, for good reason, that we can't give medical advice. We are allowed to offer our experiences, but even that sometimes can lead to problems.

But, I prefer not to say....see a Dr., especially when a person doesn't have insurance or whatever.

Nobody knows what is going on in my head. I might be horribly depressed, but unless I admit it, nobody knows.

i self medicated with booze for decades and now that I don't do that anymore I have to do all of the other things to get happiness.

It has taken me years of clean living to get to this level of mental comfort and stabilization. From day 1 clean until now, my only way out was suffering. I did things to ease it, thank God, but the mental anguish is literally insanity. It sucked way worse on day 1 than it does now. The anguish didn't really get better, I got used to it and then it got better.

It has taken a direct effort to get this far for me... But, your depression may be way different than mine.

I don't use direct/personal help, but I google everything.

I just googled, "what to do if I hate my parents."

I don't hate them as much as resent them, but it could be worse for sure.

I was depressed a bit yesterday as well. My wife is so annoying. We have been together for over 20 years and we still go round and round sometimes.

I get tired of her whinning and nagging I have to leave the room. Then she acts like nothing happened. Then I try to let it go. It takes me less time to let it go then it used to. So I am optimistic. There are other things, but as you can see, things here are not all roses.

Folks talk about gratitude, but I am sure there is a chemical imbalance in my brain that causes my depression. When I work out hard and it goes away for a while. Exercise is my main drug/therapy now.

I just deleted a whole bunch of text here, some on purpose. I figure you still get the point. The point for me is: I have to find ways to make my own happiness without drugs. It takes years to figure this out.

But, like I said in the beginning, we are all different. Nobody knows what is going on in my head. Same for you.

Love and Thanks.