View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
cerd2000

I'm still trying to figure out what kind and to which degree alcohol has caused damage in my life. It has only been recently until I acknowledged to myself that alcohol is the central problem in my life and that I'm an addict.

I know that alcohol has ruined my sexuality. It ruined my career. It ruined most of my 20s. It strongly accelerated all of my depressive and suicidal thoughts that I'm having since youth. It fuels another addiction (non-substance addiction) of mine. Without quitting alcohol, I'm unable to quit my non-substance addictions, they are all connected and alcohol is the ultimate root cause.

I'm still healthy, so I wouldn't say it ruined my health, but it certainly will in a couple years. There is only so much a body can take after years of alcohol-induced insomnia and high blood pressure. You treat your body like that and it -will- repay it sooner or later.

Other people on this forum told me I'm still young (30). That gave me a little optimism that I didn't expect. I hope I can change course right freakin now. I don't wanna die before 40 and I know for sure it would happen if I don't take measures now.