View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
OCEANANGEL

Hello again...the mom is back...I've spent the last few weeks working on all of the paperwork necessary for my daughter's placement, insurance issues and turning over what I could find of her clothing. She was really into destroying her belongings and sneaking her clothing into the trash...even at the hospital. As I was fired from my last job at the end of Oct due to the medical bill issue that my employer of 10 years didn't want to pay...I have been scrambling with the fortunate task of a new job, the county mental health dept, Kaiser, and now...Medi-cal. We lost all of our insurance right when my daughter was about to go to the residential....and everything was a disaster. I would really like to thank those of you who responded. Your support means a lot. Dealing with her depression was bringing on some symptoms on my end as well. Her diagnosis is now "Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety...and OCD. Previous meds were causing serious weight gain and so the new doc said he would prefer to change her meds to only Seroquel. None of the others was having any effect that was measurable. I am not ashamed to have asked for and accepted help with her situation. She was highly volitile, destructive and could not control her emotions at all. It was dangerous for all of us. I am thankful that she is safe now...and attending the school setup offered there. The staff has been very understanding and we know that this is the best setting for her right now. I lost most of my "friends" when she got sick...it was really scary. I was accused of throwing my child away and all sorts of things. Some people just don't get it. I learn something new by reading posts by other people who are living with similar illnesses...and I wonder when or if my daughter will be mature enough to understand that it is a disease and that we just want to help her gain some control and stability so that she can focus on things that make life a fun place to hang out. She is pretty decent with a paint brush and I used to suggest she paint things around the house. We have a variety of murals and accent flowers around the house...as those were the days when she was feeling happy and had too much energy. I still feel she is bipolar to some degree...but the doctor may not be ready to state it...because of her young age. If I didn't have to live with all of the rules...I would take her to a mountaintop, build a sprawling tree house and live carefree until we all felt better. Who knows...I'm sure it's still an option. Sleep well...and thank you...Love, mom.