View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
itsmeagain2020

My last beer and cigarette happened on July 21, 2020 so I guess I'm in this class. It's nice to meet everyone.

I've handled things reasonably well so far. It's odd, though, because what I feel aren't necessarily cravings. It's not really the alcohol itself that I miss, it's the routine that I miss. I used to wake up, work, drink, sleep, repeat. Every single day. I looked forward to weekends because I didn't have to get up for work and I could drink all day without consequence. Alcohol (usually beer or wine) became such a part of my routine that I'm not yet feeling cravings for alcohol, I feel like I don't know what to do with my time when I'm not drinking.

I also feel like maybe I quit a week too soon. Like maybe I should have waited until the weather cooled off because now I have no reason to sit out by the pool and enjoy the weather while I have beers and cigarettes. Or I could have waited until.. or until... or until.... The number of times when I was drunk and said that I needed to quit and I was going to quit next weekend. Or next... next... You know the story.

I'm rambling now. It's nice to be here among folks who are struggling with the same thoughts.