View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Coz

Thanks again Libby.

It won't discourage me in quitting, but it is useful to know that , like drinking, a level of vigilance is needed forever!

Great to hear that you gained so little weight. I am quite prepared to gain weight in the first months. I am already filling the gaps between smokes with the oral gratification of lollies and chocolates. Some of my silly-high sugar intake is still replacing wine sugars, but I can already feel that bad food consumption is going to sky-rocket next week! I will be absolutely OK with maintaining by bad sugar habit for another month, then I'll try to deal with it in time for not looking too frumpy for summer.

Vego is probably my favourite eating lifestyle, but hard with a meat loving hubby. I am turning him around slowly with vego meals a couple of times a week - and I try to make them interesting and tasty. So far he likes them!
As far as missing bacon, once upon a time, and I think it is still available, you could buy 'not bacon'. I used it a lot in my previous vegetarian years when I had a family that really liked bacon. See if you can find some to fill your bacon fetish!

Thanks again for sharing with me - really appreciate your help and interest.