View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by any View Post
Thank you for the reply, I’ve gotten this advice from many people. I know you are right but it’s so hard to leave him. He told me yesterday how I hurt his feelings because I didn’t trust him. Also, he said it’s not fair because I haven’t given him a chance since he’s been out of rehab. I think he’s just so manipulative it’s getting to me, or maybe he honestly feels hurt I don’t know. I want to look back and not have regrets. You’re 100% right.
How are you being unfair since he's been out of rehab? He left rehab after less than two weeks. He didn't complete the program, so I doubt he got much benefit from it. You are right, he is being manipulative and selfish. All addicts are. Your family and friends are looking out for your best interests. He is looking out for his own best interests.

You think at the age of 19 you should be able to handle this pressure. No, you shouldn't. People a lot older than you have trouble handling the pressure put on them by an addict, and then added pressure from family and friends. Nineteen is very young and you have many, many years ahead of you to meet someone who will treat you how you deserve to be treated. Right now, you should be concentrating on college and preparing for a bright future. Please don't drag along all this unnecessary drama. If you want a fresh start, then it's up to you to do that. Cut the ties and go to college with a clean slate. You will be fine. He will be fine. Addicts always find a way to take care of themselves.