Old 07-21-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
kk1k5x

Heh, I'm not abused by your slow start to the day, Bekind, but in a very old computer game (and in a general war context, of course), pillboxes were these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillbox_(military) So how very survalist/American of you to set one up for your Dad

My day has been just translating, really. In the morning the 'intruder' translation arrived and I somehow managed to get to it almost right away. By almost right away I mean waking up, forcing myself to go to the kitchen and make coffee, then back to bed for 15 minutes, then drag myself out of bed again to go have the coffee, and by that time I was almost ready to start working. To my own surprise, I was done with the 7-8 pages by around 3pm, then moved on to the 'regular' translation, managed 2 pages from that, but then the work guy contacted me about there being more to the "intruder" translation (the client made additions) and so I took up that. Which I now just finished. It's the first day where I have no actual clue of how much I actually translated, but I know it's more than 10 pages.

Now I even don't know what to do. I did watch parts of the Trump interview he gave to Wallace on Fox. I know politics isn't allowed, but that dude is just plain weird and dumb. I'd like to personally commend any Americans who voted for that guy, because you have received the numbnuts supporter of the century award (although granted, the other options was a thoroughly corrupt career politician lady). How often, when seeing or hearing Trump speak, do any of you stop and think "Wait, hold on now....this is a president ....of a very large country ....arguing about the difficulty of questions in a cognitive test ....and calling World Wars beautiful". ...."Wait WHAT!!??". But hey, at least he's bringing back his daily briefings. Like someone said in the YouTube comments to the interview video: "my daily comedy hour is back". That's just so sad.

Pardon if that was out of line, but I mean, dear heavens. The real issue is that when elephants fight, the grass suffers. There's a lot of grass suffering in the US right now, and I feel sorry for that.

End of Day 435. I did not drink today.