Old 07-20-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
kk1k5x

I was at a slight loss this morning, because I knew I had to start work on the new translations, but I was also kind of dragging my feet. Somehow, by 'nibbling at it', I ended up with 10 pages done, which is very decent for me. Granted, the text was easier in comparison with the previous one.

Anyways, I had some postable thoughts earlier in the day that I'm now too tired for. It related to the issue of "being stubborn" and whether it's actually stubbornness, or whether it's actually "being scared" when it's avoiding something (or doing replacement activities) for no apparent reason, or "discipline" when it's avoiding something or doing other activities when there's good cause.

More work came in today as well, so I'm again booked until next Monday morning. But hey, at least then I'll have my breaky-break (hopefully one that doesn't involve "mental" and "down" somewhere in the vicinity of the word "break" ).

Also got some interesting news earlier today - the general organisers (multi-state undertaking) of the project I'm locally involved at my home institution might have additional use of me. They now got my contact info from our side, so I'll see whether and/or when they get in touch, and ...what about specifically. Could be interesting and useful, could be nothing. Time will tell.

Hope everyone had a decent start to their week. In my individual case ..."big wheels keep on turnin'"...

PS: if someone watches the Grey Gardens, please tell me what the general point of it was. I only viewed the opening scenes and "wasn't sold" on it immediately, so moved on to other watchables.
PS2: My brain decided to discover that you can call an ego trip a "case of the heebie-ME-bies" lol

End of Day 434. I did not drink today.