Thread: Hypocrisy
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Originally Posted by Doriss View Post
I'm very happy this has happened for you 😊. What a great new start you can make in your career!
What do you fancy doing next?
I couldn't work in cold hard profit and finance type job (I'm too thick haha). And no way any job that kills the soul..slowly 😢
Thank you, Doriss. These finance jobs are all about mental faculties but none of them are about kindness and caring. The heart is more powerful than the brain. Fact.

I would love to freely express my true opinion about things. I hate the polarisation that occurs on every topic at the moment, but I also think it's arrogant of many so-called 'business leaders' not to bother to look into what ordinary folk are increasingly believing. They don't have to buy into all of it, but surely there's a responsibility to understand where folk are coming from. I'd love to have a role in presenting controversial topics in a balanced way. For example, sit a bunch of suits down and say to them, this is what you need to know about Topic X if you are going to be a decision-maker. It's not about you believing it, it's about recognising that a growing number of your employees, your customers and your community believes it. And there's a huge risk for you if you think it's just stuff you can ignore.

I don't know beyond that idea. I have registered a domain name and started working on some content as a hobby. I actually wanted to take time off to plan it properly, prepare a website and come up with other ideas. I wouldn't need to maintain the same level of income, because my expenses are pretty low right now and the payout will allow me to extinguish some debt.

Originally Posted by Aellyce2 View Post
I wish you all the best for finding what inspires you next and I also admire you for being able to hold a job you hated - I know I would not be able to do that as I am so self-motivated, if that's lacking, nothing works and my so-called sense of responsibility goes out of the window. I had a job like that a long time ago for a couple years and everything went downhill pretty fast, including that was also the time when my drinking escalated to alcoholic levels. Of course the job was not to blame, but it contributed to it because I had little healthy stimulation in my life during that time.
Thank you for your wishes Aellyce. I'm not sure how I lasted so long. I guess it was because I couldn't really see any other options. Everything else that presented to me was the same hell, but a different version. And yup, I have been significantly underperforming for some time now, unsurprisingly, because I don't believe in a single thing I'm asked to do at work. I can finally cut the cords now though and I think it'll be relief all around. I am far too strange a creature for them.

I have been walking around celebrating my freedom knowing it's going to be over soon!

I'll get onto your other question about the last drink in another post Doriss, because this one has gone too long already.